Oinvest South Africa Review 2021: Oinvest is a leading South African CFD provider operated by the parent company Basfour 3773 (Proprietary) Limited. Serving retail investors since 2019, this online CFD provider has a long history and experience in serving South African residents to the fullest extent.
Oinvest south africa is a fully regulated broker, is having obtained a license from the local regulatory agency Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA) formerly known as the FSB. The information about all FSCA regulated brokers can be found directly on the FSCA website. Oinvest operates under the FSP license number 42020 and complies with the high standards imposed by the FSCA.
What Assets Can You Trade with Oinvest?
Oinvest offers South African traders a wide range of markets that can’t be found with other reputable forex brokers. The broker is specializing in offering Contract for Difference (CFDs) on a wide range of multi-assets including:
- Forex currency pairs
In total, SA traders can access over +350 CFD instruments if they opt to open a live account with Oinvest. Below, our team of experts will review the most popular assets available in South Africa.
CFD Trading – Forex
Over 50 currency pairs from major pairs, minor pairs and exotic pairs, forex traders in South Africa can trade on the Forex market with spreads as low as 0.7 pips on the EUR/USD pair. Additionally, the South African traders can enjoy trading on the ZAR crosses. The company provides its clients with 3 South African Rand currencies, including:
- USD/ZAR with spreads as low as 46.7
- EUR/ZAR with spreads as low as 120
- GBP/ZAR with spreads as low as 120
CFD Trading – Commodities
Another advantage offered by Oinvest south africa is that it gives traders access to the world’s most in-demand commodities. You can trade CFD on 17 commodities, allowing investors to take advantage of the price movements on the following CFDs:
- Metals (like gold and silver)
- Energy (like crude oil and natural gas)
- Agriculture (like coffee, cotton or wheat)
CFD Trading – Indices
At Oinvest, South African residents can trade indices as CFDs and gain exposure to the world’s leading stock indices. The world’s most popular indices that can be found through the company offering list of products. Including:
- SP 500
- FTSE 100
- DAX 30
- And South Africa benchmark equity index, the FTSE/JSE Top 40 Index Future (JSE)
Not only that South African traders have access to stock indices from across 5 continents, but you have favorable trading conditions, including leverage up to 1:125.
CFD Trading – Stocks
One of the most favourite CFD contracts involves shares. The company offers an outstanding range of stocks from across 3 continents (America, Europe and Australia). In total, this online service provider offers 194 CFD stocks:
- US Stocks (79 stocks)
- European Stocks (76 stocks)
- Australian Stocks (39 stocks)
CFD Trading – Cryptocurrency
South African residents can also take advantage of the price movements in the cryptocurrency market without the need to open an exchange account. You can trade 33 cryptocurrency pairs (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, Iota etc.) without the hassle to securely store your digital coins in a wallet. Additionally, you can boost your buying power by utilizing a leverage of up to 1:2.
Oinvest Trading Platform Tools and Features
Oinvest customers can access the financial markets through the legacy platform MetaTrader 4 (MT4), WebTrader and in-house developed mobile App. There are many benefits that come with an MT4 broker including:
- Broad technical analysis tools: 30 technical indicators that can be used across 9 different time frames.
- Easy Order Management: The MT4 comes with sophisticated orders, including instant execution, market orders, pending orders and stop orders
- Once Click Trading: If you’re scalping trading directly from the chart is a tremendous advantage.
- Expert Advisors (EAs): The MT4 platform comes with automation capability and the option to purchase third-party EAs.
- MT4 Large Community: Enable traders to get support from other fellow MT4 users
The WebTrader platform provides faster access to your trading account directly from your browser. While the trading Apps available through iOS and Android are a good alternative for trading on the move. The Oinvest mobile App was developed by a team of experts, which is why South African traders can enjoy the following powerful trading features:
- Interactive charts identical to the ones used on your desktop
- Complete set of trade orders and trading functions
Oinvest Account Types
Oinvest’s account types is designed to accommodate the needs of both retail and professional traders. South African traders can choose between three different types of accounts:
The EUR/USD spreads can go as low as 0.7 pips for the premium account. Additionally, you can save up to 50% in overnight carry fee on the Platinum account. Both the Gold and Platinum accounts come with a dedicated Account Manager, while News alerts are only available on the high-end account.
South African traders can also enjoy high leverage, which allows them to trade bigger than the initial deposit. Below we outlined the different levels of leverage for the Platinum account:
- Forex leverage 1:400
- Metal leverage 1:125
- Indices leverage 1:125
- Commodities leverage 1:125
- Stocks leverage 1:50
Does Oinvest offer ZAR Accounts?
Oinvest supports as account base currency USD and ZAR deposits. South African residents are able to open accounts in the local currency SA Rand. The main advantage that comes with the ZAR account is that the deposits that come from the local banks are faster and cheaper than international bank transfers.
The minimum deposit is not disclosed on their website, but it’s recommended to fund your account with a minimum of $200 or at least 3,500 ZAR. This broker operates its Customer Support service 24/5 so any questions in regard to the financial services offered by them can be addressed there.
Note*Oinvest can charge a withdrawal fee of 50 EUR equivalent in the domestic currency if there is no trading activity prior to the withdrawal request.
Oinvest Educational Courses
The learning center is rich in a plethora of educational content that caters to both novice traders and more experienced traders. The comprehensive trading courses can help South African traders sharpen up their skills. We can note four main types of educational content that are unique:
- Video on Demand VOD – Covers the basic of trading in video format
- Webinars – Hosted by Oinvest industry experts
- EBooks – These are trading guides available on multi-asset classes and are free for everyone with a live account. A total of 11 eBooks can be found in their education centre
- Tutorials – You can find 3 interactive tutorials that are fully accessible only with a live account
- Economic Calendar – it’s highly reliable and allows SA traders to stay up to date with the latest economic trends
- Earnings Calendar – Stock traders can find the earnings calendar very useful
Summary of Key Findings
Oinvest south africa is a safe broker fully regulated by the local regulatory body the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA). South African residents can enjoy trading on a wide range of markets with tight spreads and favourable levels of leverage. Additionally, SA traders can speculate on the USD/ZAR exchange rate and even fund their live account in South African Rand.
In 2019, this online CFD provider has gained the industry recognition after being awarded the prize of the Best Forex Broker Africa and in 2018 was declared as the Fastest Growing Forex Provider by the Global Brands Magazine.
Be the first to leave a review.